Wi-Fi Dropouts?

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
Well when the p.c finishes downloading the new update by the time the 2nd gen iPad comes out (lol), I will install it and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Good luck, let me know how it is. I am keeping 3.2 for now for the sake of the jailbreak.

ghcoleman

Mar 6, 2009
North Texas
The problem is worse with older routers using b or g speeds

I had this problem day one. I got my 3G on April 30th which is the first day they were available. I kept dropping connections and the iPad kept losing the password. I did a bit of research and found a working solution, though not perfect.

I should add that I have Verizon FIOS Internet and their router is 211g speed.

I changed my security from a password to MAC filtering and this eliminated the interruptions telling me to enter the password. Now it just drops and immediately restarts with a brief message of "connecting". I rarely notice the very brief interruptions.

Also this does not happen on 211n networks so when I am not at home I don't have any connection problems. Eventually I will upgrade my router.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Going to have to say the update, at least initially, has alleviated my issues as well. I have full bars everywhere in my house and, more importantly, Netflix and YouTube actually work now since inhave a consistent WiFi signal.