Wi-Fi not working

encee

Jun 25, 2009
Once you have the phrase that codes the router, how do you translate this to the iPhone? There are so many options in setup. Is the router pharse the password? etc

wingate

Dec 1, 2008
Try calling Apple support: if you just purchased your iPhone they should be able to talk you through it: 1-800-275-2273
Your iPhone should pick up the ip address of the wireless router. If your router has a password or encryption, the iPhone will ask you automatically for the password.

worldcitizen

Jul 17, 2009
I just bought a Belkin N Wireless Router today and set it up for my 2 PC's & when I went to get my iPhone it had already registered the Belkin wi-fi and I could use wifi instantly without any configuration or problems. I went into airplane mode just to make sure and I could access safari, email, iTunes and download apps at very good speeds. At last now I have wifi! The Belkin router just worked out of the box for me. Of course I knew to go into my modem's browser address and turn on NAT. Everything just worked and I never even used the cd software included to set it up. No passwords or errors or problems. Terrific!

germandiazm

Aug 19, 2009
This might be helpful

If this helps anyone… I had the problem that my iPhone didn’t detect my wi-fi router at home, and after I entered my router (192.168.2.1) I started playing around changing settings made 2 changes:
-Changed the 802.11e QoS configuration (whatever that means) from off to on.
-Replaced an hyphened character (á) in the SSID for a normal character (a).
After doing this 2 steps clicked on aplly, waited 25 seconds for it to restart and now my iPhone detect my home wifi connection.
I don’t know which one of this steps is the one, but is 2 in the morning and I’m not gonna look into it now.
Hope this helps anyone.
G.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
we just bought an iPhone 3g at my work and the wifi doesn't seem to be working? i just recently restored it and since i can see the networks, but am not able to join any of them. even open networks.

i did use the search button, fyi. i have tried resetting the network settings but no go :/

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
ya i am definitely not connected already.
i called Apple and they have no idea what to do either, but i didn't expect much.

Neodaslim

Dec 17, 2010
Hi I'm actually having that same problem except mine is an unlock iPhone but I have to say the wifi used to work at first then it just stop working recently,like when I click on it it would say searching for network and just stay there.it never shows no network.any suggestion please

applejailescape

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
The iPhone 3G has many wifi issues on a hand-Full of the phones the wifi chip could get over heated and therefore break etc . all i can recommend you to do is go on your iPhone into settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings .....and see if that works . also is the wifi connection your personal connection or is it one you randomly found?

miss tara

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
La la land, Tx
In settings I turn my wi-fi on, it shows a check mark next to my network, but the wi-fi symbol doesn't come on. My iPad and my husbands iPhone works, but mine doesn't. Can someone help? Thanks!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
First thing I'd try is going to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind this will erase your stored wifi passwords.

miss tara

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
La la land, Tx
Yes, I have also tried syncing to iTunes as a new phone, doing a hard reset. I don't know what else to do. I called Apple and they said, I can get a new one for $199.00 I don't think it's worth it since the iPhone 5 is coming soon...

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
Have u tried restoring it in iTunes? This may fix the problem.

I don't see why Apple won't replace it since it's obviously a defect on the phone. -_-

U.S Army
Sent from my iPhone 4