WiFi issues

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Morally, I have an issue with this. Essentially you are damaging the place that you purchased the iPad from. If you owned a store would you like it if someone dd that to you?
Dude there are gonna be refurbs going out like crazy so they are basically getting an extra $50-$70 on them minus minor cleanup/repackaging. Worse case scenario they are at least breaking even. And I'm not sure if there is a 30 day return allowed or 15 day.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I don't usually do this but I have purchased products in the past and had to return them a day or 2 later to buy a more expensive product.

Sonny Burnett

Bronze
Mar 8, 2010
Dude there are gonna be refurbs going out like crazy so they are basically getting an extra $50-$70 on them minus minor cleanup/repackaging. Worse case scenario they are at least breaking even. And I'm not sure if there is a 30 day return allowed or 15 day.
I know but to purchase something with the intent of using it for a couple of weeks and bringing it back just doesn't see right. Would it kill any of these people if they had just waited for the 3G to come out?

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I know but to purchase something with the intent of using it for a couple of weeks and bringing it back just doesn't see right. Would it kill any of these people if they had just waited for the 3G to come out?
Haha, it's killing me! I'd love a sleeping pill that I could take and wake up to 'late april'! I feel that Apple with their restocking fees are combating the problem. I also feel that several people are really trying to determine just how much they need the 3G. I almost broke down and did the WiFi only model Saturday but I talked to a guy from Apple because I do not get good 3G coverage around here and he told me that it would surf just like the iPhone on edge as well as weak 3G. So I realized that I will have my unit in those types of places quite often. With my question answered I decided to wait while others may have needed the unit to see if they missed the 3G option.

leslivres

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
my WiFi problems lasted for about 4 days and then seems to have corrected itself. all OK now and grateful.

ChicagoSidster

Apr 6, 2010
ABC - Netflix - Quicktime Streaming

I have had issues where all three have crashed my ipad. I suspect this may be related to signal issues. I went out and purchased a new router yesterday to fix the issue. I purchased the Airport Extreme. I noticed slight improvement with streaming video but still cannot see a full show or full video.

Ironic this only effects ABC - Netflix and QT this does not effect Youtube.

Any suggestions? I have reset the network settings and am at a loss at to what to try next.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
If Apple felt that this policy was hurting them, they wouldn't have it. But they are obsessive about making sure their customers are completely happy with their purchase. If it's about a personal preference issue (i.e. rather have 3G than wifi only) rather than an issue with the device's performance, that's where they use the restocking fee to recoup what they lose by turning it into the refurb factory.

leslivres

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
in this case, it fixed itself. i spoke with a rep from Apple Support and he had no immediate solution for me. i did not adjust any settings. next morning it was totally up and running. call it what you will; it fixed itself, and i ask no questions; just very happy.

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
my ipad is so forgetful!

it keeps on asking for the password for my wifi. even after i entered it 10 minutes ago. ive entered the long string so many times, ive remembered it! i think its a software defect. this is my 2nd ipad after the first one had a screen defect. and the first one did the same thing.

leslivres

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
i will be traveling with the iPad next week and anxious to see if i will have any connection problems where i will be working. so far so good here.

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
While visiting my sister I learned a new tip for wifi: with 2WIRE routers (AT&T DSL), you need to use the default password (printed on the bottom of the router) instead of any more easily remembered password set up after the router was installed.

And it only took me 45 minutes of frustration and Googling to figure out.

leslivres

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
i'll be staying in a hi rise condo building for a few weeks and tapping into their system, so not sure what I'll find! worked fine with my other laptops. holding my breath on this one! lol there are two "stations" in each hallway and I'm not far from one. full report when i get there tomorrow.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
While visiting my sister I learned a new tip for wifi: with 2WIRE routers (AT&T DSL), you need to use the default password (printed on the bottom of the router) instead of any more easily remembered password set up after the router was installed.

And it only took me 45 minutes of frustration and Googling to figure out.
Why is that? We have one of those and have used our own password without much issue. Can you remember where you saw that?

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Found it on a bunch of sites (mainly iPod Touch sites, which has some of the same wifi issues). If your password works, good for you, but if not, try the one on the bottom of router.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
My iPad is showing that I am connected to my network, but I do not have a connection to the Internet. Works fine on my iPhone, though.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
My iPad is showing that I am connected to my network, but I do not have a connection to the Internet. Works fine on my iPhone, though.
Read through this thread there are some possible fixes by making adjustments to your router or by changing the security settings on it. Post back how it's going.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Read through this thread there are some possible fixes by making adjustments to your router or by changing the security settings on it. Post back how it's going.
Rebooting router fixed it. It's weird because it worked fine this morning and last night fine.