Will Verizon get the iPhone 5?

All44

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
So I've been hearing some speculation that verizon won't get the iPhone 5 when it's released in June. Only AT&T will get it and verizon will get the newest models in February each year. It kinda makes sense because after all this time wouldn't verizon just wait till June when the new one comes out to put it on their network then?

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I was confused myself as to why they're getting the 4 so late in the game, makes sense when maybe they won't get their next iPhone till next February. February being the month for new iPhones for Verizon I guess.

kyleplusitunes

Silver
Jun 25, 2010
Obviously the only reason verizon is getting the iPhone 4 at the beginning of 2011 is because att contract expired at the end of 2010 and verizon wants to get another revenue generator on their network as soon as possible. If i could fly to Vegas and bet on verizon getting the iPhone 5 at the same time as att, i would double mortgage my house, sell my cars, boats, children, cash in my ira's and 401k's and place it all in YES att and verizon. Will both have the next iPhone at the same time

lt3radiology

Jan 11, 2011
I think verizon won't get the iPhone 5 at the same time because it would delay the whole process of making iPhones! They would have two make 2 versions of the phone and then mass produce it! And that would not be done by june! Neither party would get their iPhone next gen till Christmas!

comfynumb

Bronze
Nov 25, 2010
Scranton Pa
This is exactly why I didn't go ape chit when the iPhone 4 came out. I knew it would be a mistake because 4G is on the way, so hopefully iPhone 5 will be here this summer and it will be 4G. Granted ATT network will be mainly HSPA+ with LTE on being added city by city, but an iPhone with 4G sounds really good to me ;)

mccabegc

Bronze
Jul 18, 2010
Cape May, NJ
Verizon got the iPhone 4 because the new phone isn't out yet. In April, at Apple's conference the new iPhone will be unveiled. The new phone will be the type of upgrade that the 3g > 3gs was. It is too early in the game to jump onto Verizon's LTE network, and well AT&T's 4g will not have launched yet. The new phone will still be GSM / CDMA.

Apple always announces phones in April. Verizon has no say as to when the new phones are released. Hence why the iPhone is only phone ever to not be tagged with a verizon logo.

June 2010 is when you will see 4g iPhones.

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
Verizon got the iPhone 4 because the new phone isn't out yet. In April, at Apple's conference the new iPhone will be unveiled. The new phone will be the type of upgrade that the 3g > 3gs was. It is too early in the game to jump onto Verizon's LTE network, and well AT&T's 4g will not have launched yet. The new phone will still be GSM / CDMA.

Apple always announces phones in April. Verizon has no say as to when the new phones are released. Hence why the iPhone is only phone ever to not be tagged with a verizon logo.

June 2010 is when you will see 4g iPhones.
Apple has NEVER announced an iPhone in April.
Never.

They will announce the new iPhone in summer 2011.

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
ok...even if not april...the point is...both companies will get a new phone at the same time
I wonder how Apple is gonna handle this
They never have enough on iDay for AT&T. Now with verizon thongs are gonna get crazy.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
just my opinion but i think.......Verizon will get new iPhones in February of each year and AT&T will get new iPhones in June every year...................

so iPhone 5 will be released in June of 2011 for AT&T and ip[hone 5 for Verizon will be February 2012

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Can't even imagine the type of numbers Apple will put up with the new iPhone if they did get released on the same day for both AT&T and Verizon. I can't see myself upgrading unless there was a staggering difference on the new model.

mccabegc

Bronze
Jul 18, 2010
Cape May, NJ
I'll be dumping my evo and sprint to get the iPhone 4 on verizon...i won't upgrade until an LTE model comes out...i simply expect the next upgrade to be minor and not worth a full retail upgrade

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I've seen enough in the posts of this thread to realize that NO one has a clue what is coming yet. Some that want to bet everything they have on a hunch and others that want to keep waiting for the next big thing and miss out on the current, let alone the fact that they may be waiting a lot longer than they think.

BakerzDuzin

Jan 15, 2011
I have to agree with iksn. I think the only reason why people are speculating so much is to make themselves feel better about either waiting till this summer to see what happens or to follow impulse and get the iPhone 4 from Verizon this February. I personally have been with Verizon for years and originally came over from At&t in the first place because of poor service. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do come February 3rd. I can tell you one thing though, either way I think you'll be happy if you're a current Verizon customer and want the iPhone. Buy it in February and go on with your life. It is "ONLY A PHONE." If you're like me you can upgrade every year anyway on Verizon with a two year contract. Even if the iPhone 5 comes out in late summer you'll be able to upgrade next February. When I asked someone at Verizon about early upgrades on iPhones, they stated the same system will be in place for iPhones just like every other phone at Verizon. It's only the pre-order online that excludes people from early upgrades. So if you happen to be the primary phone on your Verizon account, I don't think you'll be sorry if you buy it this February.