Will you be getting an iPhone?

Will you be getting the new iPhone when it gets released?

• Yes, I will order it as soon as I can.

Votes: 79 67.5%
  • I'll wait to see if the iPhone matches the hype.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Maybe when the price comes down

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • No thanks, I'll keep my current phone.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

andre000

Mar 17, 2007
Hopefully, I will be able to afford one for my wife and myself. She has been using the same phone for about 3-4 years now (!)

For me, the most compelling aspect of the iPhone is the ability to sync seamlessly with my computer. I use the HTC Apache (VX6700) along with MarkSpace software. I had to have the phone replaced with another 6700. Now, I can't get it to sync. The MarkSpace software is expensive, is in no way seamless, and they want $$ when they upgrade. With the iPhones, it will be "Apples to Apples"-pun intended.

BTW: Moderator- can we get a poll asking viewers which aspect of the iPhone they find most desirable- eg: the fact that it is multimedia, the syncing capability, killer phone app, visual voicemail, form fact/design, etc.

Can we do that?

:laugh2:

Robert17

Mar 30, 2007
Irvine, CA
Hopefully Getting one the day they come out!

I plan to get one the day it comes out. I am a Cingular (now AT&T again) subscriber and my contract has expired, so I am good to go. I remembered MacWorld was in January, so I waited to see if Steve Jobs was going to announce a phone as I had heard. I need a pda type phone and this seems to fit my needs and more.

I cannot get anyone at Cingular or Apple to tell me how to order one. :(They just say, first come, first served. I envision a PS3 type of line around the Cingular and Apple stores. I am not into sleeping at a store.

Anyway, about the phone, I like many of the features, but to be able to view voice messages is really nice. I have so many messages and having the ability to pick and choose is great. Also hopefully the phone number will be displayed with the message, as that will help as well.

Hopefully the user interface will be as good as advertised. I remember the Newton. A bunch of us bought them at MacWorld Boston, when they came out. We were on buses going between venues and trying to teach the Newton our handwriting. That was a very frustrating experience!

andre000

Mar 17, 2007
Robert:

You sound like a machead from wayback. It's nice to hear from people who were there when the whole wonderful Apple thing started. (When you mentioned the newton, I assumed you have some history with the mac.)

I keep saying this, but I think every iPhone/mac owner (and hopefully pc owners also) will really love the fact that this phone will sync so beautifully with your personal information on your computer. It's an presumed feature, of course, but I think it's an understated one.

:cool:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Don't lose hope, maybe when Cingular's exclusitivity period expires you will be able to get one with Verizon. ;)
Or move to another country? Europe VODA phone covers :) but then again, i suppose you can just move to where Cingular covers in the us ;)

InTheLBC.

Bronze
Apr 1, 2007
Palmdizzy.
i went into cingular and asks how many iPhones there getting, and the lady said as many people as they get on the list.
so i put my name and number down and she said she would give it to her manager.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
don't get me wrong I can't wait to own an iPhone. I have some cash saved up a little over 650 now. I don't know if Im gonna grab the 4 or 8. I may grab the 4 to save some money. I don't know though.

emilysm

Apr 2, 2007
I've already started saving money for it, although I have this sneaky feeling that as soon as it finally comes out in the UK there will be a newer model available ... what do you do?!

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I don't really care how much it costs, I'll have one the day it comes out. It's just too cool...

Reminds me of the Newton in terms of innovation. Sure, it might be overpriced and maybe the whole world won't buy one, but I will and I bet I'll love it! :)

AppleEditorGirl

Mar 31, 2007
Do you even need to ask...haha

I don't care how much it is I will be getting it the day it is available in stores...;)

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
$600 is a nice chunk of change but:

$250 (iPod Nano)
$200 more or less (cell phone of this form factor & function)
$x (everything else iPhone does)
---------
$x + $450 = $600
$x = $150

For me, I have little problem paying $150 for the ultimate convergence device that's a Mac in my pocket. And don't forget, the iPhone blows away any extant iPod.

-K
I thought steve j's math was a little flawed - the average PDA phone without a contract costs around 400 (some even more) and while the phone will be 499 and 599 w/contract, there is no contract discount so you can always get it for the same price from Apple without a new contract with cingular (as far as i understand it) - using that math its only about 100 more than the average PDA (i recently bought a 680 from a palm store and it cost 400 - i have friends who have bought other equivelent phones like the blackberry 8800 and nokia e62 for the same price if not more)

in other words, definitely worth the money and (assuming i like it as much while holding it as i do in theory) i will buy one when it comes out

GoldenAnkh

Bronze
Apr 5, 2007
Michigan, USA
www.robinsachs.com
I use my cell phone as my regular line (no land line here) and I use my iPod all day at work with speakers instead of the radio. I think that I would get some good use out of an iPhone, but I have to decide whether I really need another iPod, since I already have one. I am curious to see how they work for a little while after they are released before I make a decision, but... I may just splurge and get one right away!

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
Asap

:eek: I will be out of breath in trying to get the iPhone asap. I have a Nokia 6682 which has been great compared to the terrible Treo's I had whenI was with Verizon. Cingular has been great except for the fact that they discontinued the 6682. Looking forward to having a truly "smart"phone for a change -the change being that it works! GO MAC:cool:

zlively

May 3, 2007
I have nextel, my contract up in November so I am gonna break my contract to get that phone...it's awesome.

vahid

May 12, 2007
600$ is very cheep for iPhone

i ready to pay 700$ or more
becouse iPhone don't have price. it is saint it is lovely it is my life
i am an Software Enginier but
i want to seel my pc for bye iPhone but i don't now how can i bye it in iran please heelp me heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
i will dye without it

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i ready to pay 700$ or more
becouse iPhone don't have price. it is saint it is lovely it is my life
i am an Software Enginier but
i want to seel my pc for bye iPhone but i don't now how can i bye it in iran please heelp me heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
i will dye without it
Looks like you'll have to wait until someone figures out how to unlock it first.;)