Will you buy iPhone II ?

morpheoussc400

Aug 5, 2007
No... There would have to be a major change (for the better) for me to upgrade. Something I don't see Apple doing any time soon.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If they fixed the major complaints (5 of 8) on the version II then I would buy it.

Fixes:

1.) GPS
2.) 16GB or more
3.) 3G
4.) Louder/Bigger speaker
5.) MMS
6.) Copy paste
7.) Flash on camera
8.) Video recorder

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
If they fixed the major complaints (5 of 8) on the version II then I would buy it.

Fixes:

1.) GPS
2.) 16GB or more
3.) 3G
5.) MMS
6.) Copy paste
7.) Flash on camera
8.) Video recorder

i second that!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
3G and more memory wouldn't do it for me. Need more features to get me to buy. Also Emma Peel makes a good point. I don't use the net that much on the phone. Edge is fine in my area.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Anything I say now is subject to change. Last year I swore I was going to wait till iPhone II before buying an iPhone at all. That plan fell apart less than two weeks after iDay.

As for buying another, there isn't much GSM 3G where I live and travel to so that aspect wouldn't be all that important (though welcome). As far as 3G pricing, I don't think the market the iPhone is in would go for anything higher than $20 per month. After-all, I and am sure others would still use WiFi over 3G if it was available. I wouldn't like paying for 24/7 unlimited 3G when I wouldn't and couldn't use it that much (and I think it has to be sold unlimited--it's bad enough keeping track of minutes and SMS).

Extra memory is a given though I hope it will be more than 16GB since that has been out in the Touch since September. I'd like 24-32 GB myself so I can keep several high-quality movies and and a larger music collection with me at all times.

GPS I would love to have, but I suspect we won't be able to get turn-by-turn visual and spoken directions without incurring a separate fee. Hopefully not.

Aside from the above most everything else should be made available for 1st gen iPhones too. In fact the biggest thing that would sway me from not buying an iPhone II would be features added to it but not to iPhone I. This would include Flash, copy and paste, MMS, etc.--basically anything that can be added without additional hardware. I just can't see myself ponying up more money if those features are not also added to 1st gen iPhones. And if those features are not in iPhone II the game is pretty much over (for me).

To sum it up my decision to buy an iPhone II will be based on how much support has been given to iPhone I as well as what hardware-dependent features are added to iPhone II.

--
Mike

H

Hayesimus

Fixes:

1.) GPS
2.) 16GB or more
3.) 3G
5.) MMS
6.) Copy paste
7.) Flash on camera
8.) Video recorder

Not just a louder/bigger speaker, I want MORE speakers. I hate how i'll be doing something and then suddenly i can't hear a thing, and then i realize its because my finger is on the speaker lol. so yeah i'd like maybe a couple speakers on bottom and one up top.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I will definantly buy the V2, the 3G doesn't matter because I am not in range, unless I drive to LA LA Land. Or go to the nearest Bar in the 3G area and surf and drink all at once.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I would get it for only one reason, I could use data and still receive voice and text messages at the same time. It's pretty annoying right now to hop on the internet or hop on aim only to miss a couple text messages or phone calls. I don't care so much about the speed as I do being able to do both at once. I really miss that about my Treo (though I must admit that's ALL I miss)

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
if a new one came out tomorrow id buy it no questions asked i just ebay this one. I bet these will still go for a good price even when the second one comes out so it wouldn't be like you would be dropping 600 again or what not.
Gee! Dying for attention or what? And to think of all of the bad things he said about this forum in his own forum.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
And the most important for me is I still have my $100 credit from Apple that I have been saving just for the reason of the V2.

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Well no longer an iPhone owner, gave it up for a BB but I would say that i would buy a V2 in a heart beat if it had some changes. I'm only looking for a few.

1. Save of attachments/emails or some type of "saved folder"
2. MMS
3. Copy and paste
4. 3G would be nice
5. Better speaker (can i hear you now?)
6. and this will prob just be me, but I'd give up a little screen space for a real keyboard. I doubt it but what would be nice would be a "businesss" model and a "just for fun" model.

Other then that I loved the iPhone but MMS, copy and paste and saving emails and attachments was a HUGE draw back for me.

I would assume that any new version will have more space. 16+ would be great. Being on my BB its the most reliable pda/phone I've had to date, but I do miss the iPhone. It was an amazing device, but really not the greatest for a power, txt, email, businesss user. And I sure do miss visual voice mail lol that was great. its hard to go back to clicking "next" "next" "next" to get through many saved voice mails to get the one you want and I wanna scream when I click "next" again and skip right past it lol.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Why wait until iPhone V2 comes out? Just go out and buy the AT&T Tilt right now. It has everything you guys are asking for. GPS (for free), 3G (same price as iPhone EDGE price), 32MB MiroSD card, camera, flash, copy/paste and loads more. Plus it runs Windoze, so you can install and write any apps that you want for it.

AT&T will even give you the unlock code for free, so you can stick any SIM into it.

Downside is that you need a truck to haul it about and the screen is too small to do any decent web browsing on it.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Why wait until iPhone V2 comes out? Just go out and buy the AT&T Tilt right now. It has everything you guys are asking for. GPS (for free), 3G (same price as iPhone EDGE price), 32MB MiroSD card, camera, flash, copy/paste and loads more. Plus it runs Windoze, so you can install and write any apps that you want for it.

AT&T will even give you the unlock code for free, so you can stick any SIM into it.

Downside is that you need a truck to haul it about and the screen is too small to do any decent web browsing on it.
And all that plastic.