Will you buy the iPhone 3GS?

Will you buy the iPhone 3GS?

• Yes, I'm getting an 8GB iPhone 3G

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Yes, I'm getting an 16GB iPhone 3GS

Votes: 49 26.5%
  • Yes, I'm getting an 32GB iPhone 3GS

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • No, there's not enough reason for me to upgrade. 3.0 will be just fine.

Votes: 60 32.4%

• Total voters

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Discount price? Or free? Because as I said, I don't think it's fair that an exisiting customer should pay the price they are asking for.
All you should have to pay is $199 16GB or $299 for the 32GB since you have a V1. If you had a 3G you would be paying the higher prices.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Discount price? Or free? Because as I said, I don't think it's fair that an exisiting customer should pay the price they are asking for.
You don't think $199 for a 16GB 3GS is fair? Didn't you pay at least $400 for your V1? Are you expecting free iPhones for life at that price point?

I'm confused.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I will not upgrade until I see how Apple and AT&T's exclusive contract goes.

Think will eventually bring the iPhone to another network. Don't you think this will happen in the next 2 years? While your locked into a contract?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, that's taking the sense of entitlement that's been thrown around here so liberally the past 24 hours to a whole 'nother level...

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Last edited by a moderator:

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Voted for the 16GB but may get the 32GB , I will wait till after the 19th tho to avoid the crowds.

Don't forget to check for corporate discounts folks... Mine knocks 24% off the monthly bill!

They don't always ask for proof so if you can find a high discount corporate Fan# it wouldn't hurt to try...

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Voted for the 16GB but may get the 32GB , I will wait till after the 19th tho to avoid the crowds.

Don't forget to check for corporate discounts folks... Mine knocks 24% off the monthly bill!

They don't always ask for proof so if you can find a high discount corporate Fan# it wouldn't hurt to try...
I might drive by an AT&T store on launch day to see if it isn't busy. It's kinda out there and I don't think iDay 3.0 is going to be as bad because of the 3g people being charged more and the online ordering. I have a 3g but will be upgrading, so I hope I can get one on the launch day.

I have a corporate discount, but I am not sure how much I get off. If you hear of any FANs that give a lot off without proof tell me because I don't think I get 24% off. I do get a good bit off but I do not think I get that much.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
I might drive by an AT&T store on launch day to see if it isn't busy. It's kinda out there and I don't think iDay 3.0 is going to be as bad because of the 3g people being charged more and the online ordering. I have a 3g but will be upgrading, so I hope I can get one on the launch day.

I have a corporate discount, but I am not sure how much I get off. If you hear of any FANs that give a lot off without proof tell me because I don't think I get 24% off. I do get a good bit off but I do not think I get that much.
It will depend on the kindness of the folks at the store. Inever even remembered to ask . When I got my phone she asked me what Corp I worked for... And it was 8%. A few months later my wife tells me her Corp gives 24%!

To say I was stunned is an understatement! The Att folks said that's fine but you and your wife will have to go into your local store with Id to show she works there. So I called first to make sure I wasn't wasting my time cause the phones are in my name... And they said that's ok just email the info and I'll set you up...and they did!

Ipun PM me if your near Philly .;)

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Upgrading the Family to 3GS, but I'll miss not camping out this year. I'll stay with the 16GB ones. My current 16GB has been more than enough.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
It will depend on the kindness of the folks at the store. Inever even remembered to ask . When I got my phone she asked me what Corp I worked for... And it was 8%. A few months later my wife tells me her Corp gives 24%!

To say I was stunned is an understatement! The Att folks said that's fine but you and your wife will have to go into your local store with Id to show she works there. So I called first to make sure I wasn't wasting my time cause the phones are in my name... And they said that's ok just email the info and I'll set you up...and they did!

Ipun PM me if your near Philly .;)
That's an awesome discount! :) I think mine is in the teens, maybe 18% so I am happy with that. But I would love to have 24+%. Although I have heard some companies get up to 28% and that's as high as it goes, but still it's a lot off.

Other end of the state or I would ;)

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
That's an awesome discount! :) I think mine is in the teens, maybe 18% so I am happy with that. But I would love to have 24+%. Although I have heard some companies get up to 28% and that's as high as it goes, but still it's a lot off.

Other end of the state or I would ;)
18 is great! My opinion is the slower the stores sales the more likely they are to.

A) Give a little extra help

B) Not ask a lot of questions about your Fan#

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Thousand Oaks, Californication
I'm jailbroken on my 3G so I guess I'll stick with my 16g and wait until next summer since my upgrade time frame starts at the end of December. Still will go with ATT though... Verizon sucks inside my house and I have no land line...

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
I'll be getting a new iPhone but only when I'm eligible for the lowest pricing which is December 12th. I'm mostly getting it so I can retire my 3g and have it for a backup phone. When I got the 3g I switched from an OLD att plan (think before cingular merger!) so I don't have an extra phone in case of emergency. I still think I should get credit from all those years of keeping my old plan and not upgrading my phone but they don't see it that way

bobinjeff

Jun 17, 2009
Mid-MO
I've never purchased a smart phone before, but when I saw the 3G two weeks ago, I went ahead and jumped at it. Then the new 3G S came out, so I had to return the phone and reorder the newer and better one. While I've never seen much need for something like this before, I think this time I did something my wife and me will really enjoy. Now only time will tell if this type of device is really worth it, or if it's just fluff, but not really something we needed after all.