Will you sit this one out?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Would they be able to tell me now if I can upgrade earlier or not? It still says December 29th
No. You'll probably find out on Tuesday, though. Those who upgraded in June '10 (single plan) have a November date, but AT&T is known to push the dates forward to benefit their customers who upgrade annually on or around release day.
View attachment 16198
No. $18 Fee. Yes, am on the Family Plan.
Thanks. Yeah, the eligibility is different for those on family plans.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
No. You'll probably find out on Tuesday, though. Those who upgraded in June '10 (single plan) have a November date, but AT&T is known to push the dates forward to benefit their customers who upgrade annually on or around release day.

Thanks. Yeah, the eligibility is different for those on family plans.
I agree Deb :p Sorry had to do it. Btw I loved Dexter tonight! Glad to be watching it again after 10 months x.x

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I heard it was really good. I'm going to watch it as soon as I get off work. (y)

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Because I can't afford an iPhone 5, just like I couldn't afford an iPhone 4. Simples. I don't want to have to be tied to a contract for 18-24 months and that as it seems is the only other way to get one. I don't like contracts, never have, never will.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
i wasn't the one who shooting off at tangents you did by saying two weeks was consider the NOW. when in the real world now is now. not 2 weeks from now.
Well then why are you even talking about the new iPhone. It won't be announced till tomorrow and then won't be released (probably) until October 14th which is after the date that Napoleon was stating.

On topic, I'm getting it no matter what. Last year I went with the Evo for a change from iOs after 3 years and I do regret it.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
I thought really hard about this one as well from what I have seen on google search about the possible iPhone 5 prices, I'm going to try buy it. It all depends how much the pricing is on the gb phone I am wanting. Yes I probably can afford the phone if it's out of site pricing. Probably sit this one out. I'm crossing my fingers!

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
I purchased my iPhone 4 on Aug 01 2010 and I am due for an upgrade as well.
That's great news! I purchased my iPhone 4 in the middle of Aug. 2010 so I may be eligible too.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
What about the Nexus Prime on October 11th?
I am also looking at the S2 as a replacement for my iPhone 4. The Prime seems like a possibility but not much info is available on it. That and the anticipated release of late November. I kind of want a new phone sooner.

A iPhone 4-s won't cut it with me this go around. They got me with the 3G-s. Not this time.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I am also looking at the S2 as a replacement for my iPhone 4. The Prime seems like a possibility but not much info is available on it. That and the anticipated release of late November. I kind of want a new phone sooner.

A iPhone 4-s won't cut it with me this go around. They got me with the 3G-s. Not this time.
Well the 3GS is definitely a huge upgrade over the 3G. So I hardly think you got-got. But, I really think the 4 to 4s really won't be worth it. The 4 is already fast enough and the camera and video is plenty good.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Well the 3GS is definitely a huge upgrade over the 3G. So I hardly think you got-got. But, I really think the 4 to 4s really won't be worth it. The 4 is already fast enough and the camera and video is plenty good.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app
I disagree a bit on that. The camera was a little better and there was the addition of video. Big plus in my book but speed wasn't as big of a jump as they claimed. The processor was supposed to be twice as fast but I didn't notice it like I though I should have. The increased ram didn't seem to help much at first. It took a while for the app makers to use it really and by that time I was looking at the iPhone 4. Some other features like the compass were pointless to me. Never used it.

Depends on who is using it and what they are doing with it. Everyone has a different usage. To me, in my use, the switch from the 3G to the GS wasn't that big of a jump. The camera made the biggest difference to me.

I just got back from spending some quality time with a Galaxy s2 and I have to say I am impressed. It is WAY fast. Screen is beautiful and as responsive as my iPhone. Not to mention that the screen is far bigger. This is the first phone I have played with that I thought the touch experience was as good or better than a iPhone. Anyone that knows me knows that this is a big thing for me. I love the touch experience with the iPhones. Nothing has come close to how they work. I still don't like that it doesn't have a physical home button like the international version but I think I can get past that. It's super light in my hand, even with a ballistic case on it.

I am on the fence still. I'll wait for the iPhone announcement tomorrow. Then i'll either go out and get the S2 or wait for the iP5. A iPhone 4-s won't cut it for me I don't think.