Will you sit this one out?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I prefer a physical home button. How else am I going to get into DFU and jailbreak?

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
No Mindi. Been with orange for 10 years, always been payg. I just don't like contracts.
And £499.00 or whatever Apple decide to charge for it is not an option.
If you are in the UK, think about 02 pays as you go?,
Get an iPhone 4 cheap when the new iPhone 5 comes out and on 02 you get unlimited Internet, texts a month for topping up £10 and they take no money off you that, then you can get bolt Ons that cost £2-£4
For calls to 02 numbers or other network numbers. There is loads to choose from. Plus you can keep your number :)

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I disagree a bit on that. The camera was a little better and there was the addition of video. Big plus in my book but speed wasn't as big of a jump as they claimed. The processor was supposed to be twice as fast but I didn't notice it like I though I should have. The increased ram didn't seem to help much at first. It took a while for the app makers to use it really and by that time I was looking at the iPhone 4. Some other features like the compass were pointless to me. Never used it.

Depends on who is using it and what they are doing with it. Everyone has a different usage. To me, in my use, the switch from the 3G to the GS wasn't that big of a jump. The camera made the biggest difference to me.

I just got back from spending some quality time with a Galaxy s2 and I have to say I am impressed. It is WAY fast. Screen is beautiful and as responsive as my iPhone. Not to mention that the screen is far bigger. This is the first phone I have played with that I thought the touch experience was as good or better than a iPhone. Anyone that knows me knows that this is a big thing for me. I love the touch experience with the iPhones. Nothing has come close to how they work. I still don't like that it doesn't have a physical home button like the international version but I think I can get past that. It's super light in my hand, even with a ballistic case on it.

I am on the fence still. I'll wait for the iPhone announcement tomorrow. Then i'll either go out and get the S2 or wait for the iP5. A iPhone 4-s won't cut it for me I don't think.
not sure what version S2 you looked at but the sprint version does have a home button. here's a nice video showing the speed of this demon phone. this video has my eyes bouncing he's does his moves so fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r69HqeA7GN0

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I do, but I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I have had one for so many years since I got my first iPhone in 2007. There were a couple places when I was playing with the S2 that hitting the capacitive "back" button didn't do anything. I had to swipe or something to get back to where I wanted to be.

I imagine I would get used to it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I do, but I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I have had one for so many years since I got my first iPhone in 2007. There were a couple places when I was playing with the S2 that hitting the capacitive "back" button didn't do anything. I had to swipe or something to get back to where I wanted to be.

yes i have then same problem whenever i use someones iPhone i forget how to go backwards. were as most of the Android phones have a back arrow to go backwards. it's just a learning curve. after about 2days of using the phone it will become second nature.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

I actually like Android's nonphysical home button on a lot of their phones. I also like the menu and back buttons.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I wonder if i would push them a lot with my face during calls. I didn't check to see if the proximity sensor was better than the iPhone 4. I'll have to go back and see. The one on the iPhone 4 sucks bad. Both naked and with a case on it. None of the supposed software updates have fixed it for me. I just learned to hold it differently to my ear. Which also sucks because that's what we do....we mold ourselves to the way Apple does it, even if we think it's wrong. LOL

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I wonder if i would push them a lot with my face during calls. I didn't check to see if the proximity sensor was better than the iPhone 4. I'll have to go back and see. The one on the iPhone 4 sucks bad. Both naked and with a case on it. None of the supposed software updates have fixed it for me. I just learned to hold it differently to my ear. Which also sucks because that's what we do....we mold ourselves to the way Apple does it, even if we think it's wrong. LOL
Hmmm. I don't have a problem with my proximity sensor. My brother does, though.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Hmmm. I don't have a problem with my proximity sensor. My brother does, though.
Maybe I have small ears. Or big ears. I dunno. For a long time I kept muting calls so I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. Made me want to toss the phone out the window of the car many times.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
I could have sworn the Att Galaxy S2 had a physical home button. I messed with it for an hour. Last night...If it doesn't I may have Alzheimer's :(

Sent from my iPhone 10

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I could have sworn the Att Galaxy S2 had a physical home button. I messed with it for an hour. Last night...If it doesn't I may have Alzheimer's :(

Sent from my iPhone 10
Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Yeah that's funny so those are capacitive? I couldn't tell the difference.

Well Apple made it easy to make a decision if screen size is important, maybe they really do think the 3.5" is the perfect size. I just wish they would turn the other cheek and start copying from Samsung ( Duck's head:cautious:)