Will you sit this one out?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
So no word on upgrades? Those that purchased last year, are we screwed til Nov.?

edit: Hmm...just called *639# and it says I can upgrade with a new 2 yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Sounds like I'm good

shugo

Bronze
Sep 3, 2011
So what if they had named it iPhone 5, but kept the look? Would so many of you be disappointed then? I'll admit that the 4 form factor is kinda clunky (I call my friend's a brick all the time) but it could be worse. Have you tried holding your iPad up to your face? Not gonna happen. Since I got my 3GS just before the Gizmodo-bar-iphone4-prototype scandal, and didn't know anything about Apple's plans, I'm excited to get the 4S.

Reactions: JFN

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So what if they had named it iPhone 5, but kept the look? Would so many of you be disappointed then? I'll admit that the 4 form factor is kinda clunky (I call my friend's a brick all the time) but it could be worse. Have you tried holding your iPad up to your face? Not gonna happen. Since I got my 3GS just before the Gizmodo-bar-iphone4-prototype scandal, and didn't know anything about Apple's plans, I'm excited to get the 4S.
I think fewer people would be disappointed. But if it had a bigger screen and a better name, I think most people would have been happy, regardless if it looked like a big iPhone 4.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
It needs a bigger screen. 3.5" is just lame. Should at least have been 4". Apple is falling way behind.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sweet, looks like I'll be doing the early upgrade for $18 ASAP. Yay (=
Just checking, but where did you get the $18 info from? I did the call to AT&T aand got a txt saying I can upgrade for $18 also, but when I checked at Apple's site, all it said was I am eligible for a full upgrade and gave the 16gb for $199 price.
Not that $18 is gonna kill me, but I probably believe AT&T huh?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Just checking, but where did you get the $18 info from? I did the call to AT&T aand got a txt saying I can upgrade for $18 also, but when I checked at Apple's site, all it said was I am eligible for a full upgrade and gave the 16gb for $199 price.
Apple probably didn't factor the contract activation price.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
It's just the upgrade fee. Use to be $36.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Hmmm could be. Don't ya love it though that you already have active service with a company, but they still get and activation fee outmof ya...
I can't believe I am eligible since I have only had my iPhone 4 for about 14 months so I consider only paying an additional $18 with the full discount price as lucky.

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
I went to the ATT site and got completely different information than the text I was sent after calling *639#. It says I am eligible for 2 year commitment pricing plus 250$ and the 18$ application fee. Surely they don't mean that if I purchase the $199 16gb model (the 2 year commitment pricing) I will have to pay an additional $250 to upgrade now? That doesn't make any sense. Ideas?