Will you sit this one out?

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
If that happens I'll sell my 4S on craigslist for $350 and put the remaining whatever out of my own pocket, I work for a reason aren't i. Life is not that difficult.
by the time I'm done paying for my house I will pay about 275,000.00 in interest, and you worry about 300 bucks like they are removing one of your kidneys.
Well now that you put it into perspective like that.......what the hell eh?

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Why are you assuming AT&T won't let you upgrade early again? Ive purchased a new iPhone the week it comes out every time and it's an early upgrade. They've got to have it the same again.

Hell, my account says I'm eligible now anyways. Purchased the iPhone 4 last July
I thought they stopped allowing early upgrades just so you can get the newest iPhone.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Depends on the market for me. If I can sell my 4 for close to what the subsidized pricing will be then it's still a no brainer for me.

My account says I'm eligible so we'll see... weighing pros and cons. I've had every iPhone since its inception so I see no reason to buck that trend. O_o

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
hmfc-1874
3 Oct 2011 20:51
PinkBanana said:
If you are in the UK, think about 02 pays as you go?,

Not a chance buddy. O2 dissed me in the past. I'd never give them the satisfaction of winning my businesss ever again.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The problem is the 2 year contract that is attached to that discounted 199 price. When ATT let you upgrade early I was doing what you outlined in your post. I don't want to be locked in till 2013 or have to pay a hefty ETF to upgrade again next year.
The problem is not the 2-year contract. The ETF (early termination fee) is irrelevant if you stick with the same carrier. The problem is partially subsidized pricing. If you do not qualify for full subsidization, you will have to pay $450 to upgrade. The iPhone 4 is going for around $350, so you'll end up upgrading for around $100. You'll make a small profit by upgrading (or be able to get a higher GB model) if you do qualify for full subsidization. We do not know yet if we will. AT&T has not said, but they may change the eligibly status by Friday. I have a single plan and I upgrade every year. The only time I didn't qualify for full subsidization with was the 3GS. I paid $500 for the high-end model. The 3G was going for a little over $400 so the actual out-of-pocket cost was around $100 with partial subsidization.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
If that happens I'll sell my 4S on craigslist for $350 and put the remaining whatever out of my own pocket, I work for a reason aren't i. Life is not that difficult.
by the time I'm done paying for my house I will pay about 275,000.00 in interest, and you worry about 300 bucks like they are removing one of your kidneys.
LMAO, well put.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
I'll definitely be staying with 4 for quite a while - on JB I can't be bothered waiting for all the Cydia stuff to update. Also I just had a look at what to expect in iOS 5 and I've already got it on my JB 4 - or at least the bits I'll use - don't care about camera tweaks for example. It struck me just reading about the added features in iOS 4 that these have been around the App Store or Cydia for some time. Looks to me like "Wifi Sync" saga. Apple checks out which Apps/Tweaks are most popular then adds their "own" version in next iOS update. Hmm. Wonder if they'll copy the icons too?

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I'll definitely be staying with 4 for quite a while - on JB I can't be bothered waiting for all the Cydia stuff to update. Also I just had a look at what to expect in iOS 5 and I've already got it on my JB 4 - or at least the bits I'll use - don't care about camera tweaks for example. It struck me just reading about the added features in iOS 4 that these have been around the App Store or Cydia for some time. Looks to me like "Wifi Sync" saga. Apple checks out which Apps/Tweaks are most popular then adds their "own" version in next iOS update. Hmm. Wonder if they'll copy the icons too?
What a beautiful scam. And here I thought they designed and developed innovative and original products. ;)

I'm actually considering whether I can talk my carrier into giving my wife an early update.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk