winpwn released for 2.0

R6andbmw330ci

Jul 13, 2008
might not be the best source to use, it was posted on Wednesday, 7th May 2008

Here is the guide just posted for the 2.0 unlock with winpwn
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1572

I just followed those steps and successfuly unlocked and jailbroke my V1 iPhone which was/is running 2.0 software. I've never done it before and I had no trouble so it seems pretty dummy proof (if you follow the steps)

i'm in the process of following this. this is my first time

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
ok so i jailbroke my 3g iPhone with cydia installed but my phone does not get activated... i give up until they make more bug fixes

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
ok so i jailbroke my 3g iPhone with cydia installed but my phone does not get activated... i give up until they make more bug fixes
when you build your custom ispw.. make sure the only thing checked is cydia.... do not activate youtube.. or on advanced have activate checked.... THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE CHECKED IS CYDIA...
(this is if your att) which being 3g you are.

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
i did everything right, only thing that is checked is cydia. i just get no service when i jailbreak it

umakbill

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
I followed these instructions, and successfuly jailbroke my 1st gen firmware 2.0 iPhone, but iTunes could not restore it from the backup so I need to undo all of that and do a fresh restore from DFU mode. Gunna wait a little longer until they have this perfected before trying again.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I miscommunicated a bit. The link I posted was only for 2G AKA V1 iPhones, not 3Gs. If you used that link of instructions and are having problems then that is most likely why.

I differentiated between the 3G instructions and the V1 instructions in my post here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/instructions-to-unlock-jailbreak-v1-iphone-and-jailbreak-3g-iphone-for-windows-users.28988/

If you did the wrong one on your 3G you should be fine, just go through and re-do it with the 3G instructions

Last edited by a moderator:

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
might not be the best source to use, it was posted on Wednesday, 7th May 2008

Here is the guide just posted for the 2.0 unlock with winpwn
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1572

I just followed those steps and successfuly unlocked and jailbroke my V1 iPhone which was/is running 2.0 software. I've never done it before and I had no trouble so it seems pretty dummy proof (if you follow the steps)

OK...cool! Thanks!

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
if there are any of you with 3g iPhones trying to jailbreak using winpwn go to the advance setting when creating your IPSW and UNCHECK activate phone. you will have service after jailbreaking

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
If you go step by step it works. I missed one section and got confused but figured it out.

The only problem I have is YouTube needs to be activated it says. I'm going to do it again and see what happens.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
OK----so I think I got all the downloads I need for the 3G---however, for the 1st Generation of the iPhone it says to download the bootloaders, it doesn't meantion that for this one. Did he forget that step, or do I not need to bother with that? Will this let me change the background of the home page?

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
OK----so I think I got all the downloads I need for the 3G---however, for the 1st Generation of the iPhone it says to download the bootloaders, it doesn't meantion that for this one. Did he forget that step, or do I not need to bother with that? Will this let me change the background of the home page?
if your using 3g you do not need that step... are u using winpwn 2.0.0.3?

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I've been reading your posts over the last few days and see you are trying to jailbrake your phone for the first time. (or it just seems like it). Good luck and hope it works out for you. I've done the jailbrake since the 1.0.2 (or something close to that).

Just make sure to have a good backup of the phone.

FYI: I got mine working now and have the one thing I missed which was the ability to change teh TEXT MSGS sound. (Seems too simple to go through the jailbrake process but I had to have it)

mac3194

Jul 21, 2008
i jailbroke my 2.0 i restored from back up and i still have no service please help:(

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
i jailbroke my 2.0 i restored from back up and i still have no service please help:(
If your a AT&T Customer, you do not need to select activate iPhone in advanced settings. You must creat the ISPW without that selected and it will then work