Winterboard (open-source SummerBoard replacement) available through Cydia

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
This tool lets you apply SummerBoard themes. Themes are taken from /Library/Themes. It supports changing the SpringBoard wallpaper so you can finally get rid of that black wallpaper if you so choose.

I just tested it out and it worked fine for me.

NOTE: You must reboot after installing or uninstalling WinterBoard.

Enjoy! :)

CSRobe02

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
Awesome! This is THE app that I have been waiting for. I cant stand using the default theme, and I really didn't want to SSH into my phone. Thanks for the heads up, Im rebooting my phone now. Hopefully it works seamlessly

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Awesome! This is THE app that I have been waiting for. I cant stand using the default theme, and I really didn't want to SSH into my phone. Thanks for the heads up, Im rebooting my phone now. Hopefully it works seamlessly
You're welcome. It worked fine for me. Although I had to manually change my dock and top status bar because the theme didn't change it. Other than that, everything went smoothly. How did it work for you?

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
so i never jb'd before 2.0, so should i dl themes from summerboard and sftp them to a folder i create?
Once you jailbreak 2.0, it installs Cydia. If you open up Cydia , you'll see that there are themes available that you can download right to your phone and install.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
How can I go back to the STOCK theme from using a theme on Winterboard? Do I just go to Customize and choose the backup theme?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
How can I go back to the STOCK theme from using a theme on Winterboard? Do I just go to Customize and choose the backup theme?
Same problem here. I think you have to do that, or uninstall winterboard. Also, none of the docks work, so keep that in mind. My usual theme looks stupid with the original dock - but I don't want to overwrite the original file, but I"ll probably end up doing that.... :laugh2:

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Same problem here. I think you have to do that, or uninstall winterboard. Also, none of the docks work, so keep that in mind. My usual theme looks stupid with the original dock - but I don't want to overwrite the original file, but I"ll probably end up doing that.... :laugh2:

I just figured it out! Go to cydia and download the DEFAULT theme under themes section and i'll go on your themes list in Winterboard.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
anyone get the dock working?

There seems to be a bug in the updated version of WinterBoard that will not allow you to change the dock along with the rest of the theme, even though you have the dock correctly labeled and in the right place.

The only way to change the dock at the moment is to do it manually. I'm sure the next WinterBoard update will fix this problem.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I think with the next update there will be a way go back to your default theme. Without having to download the default theme. The creator did state he did the coding one night. And will add to it in the near future.

There is an update for Winterboard on Cydia. Bit I didn't notice any changes.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
GOOD NEWS ALL! WinterBoard has been updated once again. The dock issue has been fixed. So go ahead and refresh Cydia to grab the update.

Happy Modding!

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Where are themes stored? I SSH'd in to change the wallpaper for the Radiance theme I downloaded/installed via Cydia, and I can't find the theme folders...all I can find is the default Winterboard theme folder...

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
curious on how we can change the background of the themes?
If you have a specific themes background you want to change SSH to the folder that it is in and replace the Wallpaper.png file with the one you want it to be. make sure when you name it it has to have a capitol W or it wont work. I tired to do this for about an hour last night before i read that it had to be a capitol W.