Would you want the Samsung phone's "cool" feature?

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
I don't guess I've ever used a widget. Honestly if I didn't have an iPhone I would go with a windows phone before a droid.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I always kinda chuckle at that commercial because they trot that one little thing out and are supposed to make us think that we are so "un-cool" for not being able to do that. Where are all of the other features?

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
So rad man. I wonder how long it'll take to grow back, or are you gonna keep it short?
I dunno what I'm doin yet. I have had it short for a couple years now. But I've been letting it go lately. Thinking of doing it again. I miss it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I don't guess I've ever used a widget. Honestly if I didn't have an iPhone I would go with a windows phone before a droid.
Some people act like widgets are a necessity. Honestly I don't miss them all that much. I did like having a weather widget on my home screen but that was the only one I ever used. The only widgets I'd like to see Apple introduce are a wifi an Bluetooth toggle that you can set anywhere on your home screen or secondary screens to quickly turn them on or off. They could even put them in the notification tray. I'm surprised after all these years Apple hasn't implemented a way to easily access these without having to dig into the settings app every time

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
The big screen is so great, that's why they are releasing one with a smaller screen like the iPhone 5!

Reactions: iamtko

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
Yeah I wouldn't want a larger screen than the iPhone 5 on a phone. If you want bigger get an iPad. Lol

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
The big screen is so great, that's why they are releasing one with a smaller screen like the iPhone 5!
I really don't get this at all. Samsung can't resist putting out a new model every few months. I'm waiting for the mini Note to come out in a few months, it'll be about .67 mm smaller than the mini S3.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I never use that feature. I guess they had to include something to make it different. Don't like it myself. Neither do I like the idea of NFC and Google Wallet. Too insecure, in my opinion.

Reactions: Hayesimus

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Apple should come out with a commercial where a group of friends at Starbucks are enjoying their lunch, while the odd friend out gets their Android phone hijacked by those exploits going around now. :)

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
I think they should make a commercial with people in rehab for overextending their fingers to reach the other end of their screens... Lol