Would you want the Samsung phone's "cool" feature?

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
They could have a guy sittin there looking out a window at the rain and the voice over talking about,"I used to be a concert pianist... That's how I met my wife... We were so in love. But after I couldn't play anymore, she left me... Who knew that reaching for that icon would tear my index finger tendon..."

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
I just assumed it sends the whole song. Much like how in iTunes a playlist is a copy of songs. Not a link to the songs.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
So to all the cool SG3 kids out there, what you guys say when you wanna hump eachother's phone?

Edit: I meant bump lol totally accidental.

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
The only thing I think is actually a good stab at the iPhone is when in the commercial the guy is doting about the headphone jack being on the bottom and then pantomiming his mind being blown. Lol why DID they move the jack? Was it for functional or cosmetic reasons?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
The only thing I think is actually a good stab at the iPhone is when in the commercial the guy is doting about the headphone jack being on the bottom and then pantomiming his mind being blown. Lol why DID they move the jack? Was it for functional or cosmetic reasons?
They could fit more components if it was at the bottom. Think about it...at the top it's blocking some real estate in the phone...at the bottom it's not so much because the connector is already there.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
A lot of people, including me, like the new location. I hate having cables and cords coming from both the top and bottom of the phone. Also, I think most people put their phone into their pocket upside down and the new location would make it easier to plug in and listen to music while on the go.

Reactions: btitus

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
It just seems like having it on the side or top would work better but I can't think of an example of where it being on the bottom wouldn't work so maybe it doesn't matter.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I think Apple should make a commercial of two people with samesung S3's bumping their phones and whilst doing it, they CRACK due to their poor build quality. Kidding aside, has anyone noticed how many ads samesung is taking out on various networks? I don't watch too much TV but I swear I keep hearing that dumb arse commercial! Do they actually think that type of ad will sell more phones? I would NEVER use a feature as bumping phones.

Nrevezzo

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Canton, Mi
Aren't there copyright issues that would be voilated if songs and movies are transferred between users? Also, what kind of son lets his parents use the "inferior" product while keeping the "oh so great" product to himself"? I may lean in that direction but then support would be a nightmare because they'd keep calling me for help. Another great mother-son moment: Mom: Is this the App line? Son: Oh yes, you're in the right spot. He must have some real childhood issues because he just keeps "stickin' it to her".

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The one where you touch the phones to transfer pics and other things? I honestly don't see why anyone would want it. I mean I've never been like,"oh no... How am I going to get your picture?" Send a multimedia message dummies. Or just upload the pic to Facebook and they can save any that they want on their own instantly. I just think it's funny that their commercials make it out like its an advantage over the iPhone saying,"when we will get that? Maybe the next one?" I have no interest in that feature lol
Agreed. Also, there's always DropBox or email if they want the full size image.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I don't understand the sharing playlist thing? As a musician, it would be kinda cool to share my album with people, but what about other's music? Where's Metallica when you need them...

I think it's dumb, but it comes down to marketing in reality. Just like Apple, they're trying to tell us what we need. It's probably these damn patent wars restricting good innovation ;).

Reactions: Hayesimus