Yellow screens! Why Apple? Why?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Apple screws up with the screens again. Wow. Anybody remember this problem last year? 2 diffferent LCD manufacturers led to one screen having white dots everywhere and the other being clear. But this year, every screen has this yellow tint. Yuck! I was just about to go buy it right now and saw all these sites talking about the yellow screens. Sigh. What a disappointment!

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
that doesn't look like other pics ive seen so far...

you may have a defective screen. id take it back and try a new one.

tgwinn

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
mine looks fine...now yellow tint at all..not sure what you are speaking of...

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
All 3g iPhones supposedly look like this. Apple cutting costs, using cheap LCD screens. This is pretty unacceptable IMO considering there was a huge LCD issue fuss last year. They're about to get tons of complaints again. Tsk tsk tsk.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
All 3g iPhones supposedly look like this. Apple cutting costs, using cheap LCD screens. This is pretty unacceptable IMO considering there was a huge LCD issue fuss last year. They're about to get tons of complaints again. Tsk tsk tsk.
i doubt they're ALL like this. considering the post above u said his doesn't. i would take that back and get a new one. theres NO way Apple would make and sell millions of iPhones with yellow tinted LCD screens.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
i doubt they're ALL like this. considering the post above u said his doesn't. i would take that back and get a new one. theres NO way Apple would make and sell millions of iPhones with yellow tinted LCD screens.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid so. I think you have to be a heavy V1 user to recognize this.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

You ate correct. All anyone has to do is search this site and the threads will appear. Yes, the 3g screen is "cheaper" in every sense of that word. Why the hell you think the phone is $199!?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Mark my words. ALL 3g iPhone are like this. Go to any other forum and see what people are talking about.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
You ate correct. All anyone has to do is search this site and the threads will appear. Yes, the 3g screen is "cheaper" in every sense of that word. Why the hell you think the phone is $199!?
It's sad but so true. And I was just about to walk out of the door and get one 20 minutes ago. Good thing I found out about this yellow screen issue in time. Now I'm just disappointed. Way to ruin my day Apple. Now I gotta live with my old iPhone for now... at least the screen is crystal clear with no yellow tint.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'll go to the Apple store later and look at the floor samples and compare my v1 iPhone's screen.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Ok people, my AT&T store is just around the corner from me, I just took a stroll over there and compared my v1 with the v2 they have on display. I did not see a significant difference. The v2 screen looked just as good to me.
p.s. they are completely sold out and said you can order a v2 and pay for it today and will arrive in store in approx. 2 weeks. I said "no thanks, I think I'll keep my v1":).

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Ok people, my AT&T store is just around the corner from me, I just took a stroll over there and compared my v1 with the v2 they have on display. I did not see a significant difference. The v2 screen looked just as good to me.
p.s. they are completely sold out and said you can order a v2 and pay for it today and will arrive in store in approx. 2 weeks. I said "no thanks, I think I'll keep my v1":).
Connie - half the iPhone V1s had the 7 series screen, which is lower quality to the 5 series. If you had a 7 series before, you may not notice a difference (which is actually a good thing, because you'll enjoy your 3G more).