You Want a Tethered JB Fix, You Might Have to Wait...

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
It seems Geohot has become pre-occupied in some sort of contest/competition with SHA1 hash functions to win $20,000 or something.

Anyway, he tweeted this today:

Geohot's Twitter said:
once someone solves my 3 terahash problem, maybe i'll have some time to solve your tethered jailbreak problem, until then stop asking
So, that kind of sucks. I can't dig anything up on the Dev Team doing anything. Seriously though, what the hell have they been doing? I haven't seen anything from them except custom firmwares. These hackers give absolutely zero feedback on progress, etc. and it's kind of annoying. I'm not taking anything they do for granted but come on guys!

DocRawk

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
Sounds similar to a question I asked a while back and received condescending remarks from you.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm just reporting the news here. If you have nothing to contribute, please don't bother responding to this thread. I've learned from my mistakes, and I had apologized a long time ago. Please stop beating a dead horse.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
He isn't fixing anything. He is too obsessed with his ego to help others first.

TheDude1120

Bronze
Dec 1, 2009
He isn't fixing anything. He is too obsessed with his ego to help others first.

lol, yes i saw he didn't win so hes probably just gonna keep being an ahole about it lol. If its that serious y doesn't everybody make up a donation plate or somthing. Id put $$ up to see this fixed

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I hope someone comes through. The tethered jailbreak sucks. I don't have to do it but I wouldn't bother if that was the only way I could jb.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Why doesn't he just sell his jailbreak if he's so hard up for money? Is he going to play these games for cash every time Apple breaks an exploit?

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Why doesn't he just sell his jailbreak if he's so hard up for money? Is he going to play these games for cash every time Apple breaks an exploit?
The guy is going to be rich anyways. He's just being an immature brat right now. His tweets annoy me.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
what am i missing? teathered jb? whats the difference? i used blackra1n and my phone is ok when it dies or i turn it off and on...

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
what am i missing? teathered jb? whats the difference? i used blackra1n and my phone is ok when it dies or i turn it off and on...
The iPhone 3G's that were produced from week 40 of this year forward have an updated iBoot (bootrom) which breaks the 24kpwn exploit that is used for jailbreaking. So, essentially, the jailbreak will work on week 40's or later; however, should you run out of battery or need to reboot, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer and use blackra1n to boot the iPhone back up. It does not re-jailbreak the iPhone, just boots it back up for you (or you're stuck in DFU mode).

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
The iPhone 3G's that were produced from week 40 of this year forward have an updated iBoot (bootrom) which breaks the 24kpwn exploit that is used for jailbreaking. So, essentially, the jailbreak will work on week 40's or later; however, should you run out of battery or need to reboot, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer and use blackra1n to boot the iPhone back up. It does not re-jailbreak the iPhone, just boots it back up for you (or you're stuck in DFU mode).

wow that is insane

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Its a PITA thats what it is. Apple either need to hire serious hackers to stop jailbreaking altogether or just let us get on with it.

Its like we are being caught in a chess game between the two sides and its frustrating!