your home screen

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
just made a new thread to see what other people have added on there main screen.
i guess ill start. so far all i put is facebook and tiny buddy.
what have you guys put so far?

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
just made a new thread to see what other people have added on there main screen.
Hey this should be a good thread, well anyway i have the seattle times, and meebo, what is tiny buddy btw?

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
i added a lot of things.
i kept everything in the same order that was originally there, but i added a second page with
myspace, facebook, myspace mobile, meebo, tinybuddy, heyscan, banknorth, ebay, tip calculator, weather, photobucket, and of course everythingicafe!

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
o wow that is a lot. tiny buddy is just like meebo. it is a instant messing client.

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
o wow that is a lot. tiny buddy is just like meebo. it is a instant messing client.
yes it is, but i just went threw my bookmarks and added the ones i use the most. and i added three different AIM because some work betters depending on if its wifi or edge

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
o i c. waht aim programs do u use. and which one works the best on edge and uses the least battery and always stays on.

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
o i c. waht aim programs do u use. and which one works the best on edge and uses the least battery and always stays on.
i use flickim, meebo, beejive, and heyscan
but on edge i use heyscan, the only problem is that it signs your of your home computer. but besides that it runs fast on edge and i don't have any problems.
but if i am on wifi, or if i don't mind waiting i use beejive or flickim because they work the best, and include the buddy info for each person.

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
whats heyscan i have never heard of it. put up a link i wanna see it. will it keep u signed on the whole time? even if your phone is not awake.

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
whats heyscan i have never heard of it. put up a link i wanna see it. will it keep u signed on the whole time? even if your phone is not awake.
www.m.heyscan.com
i am not positive if it keeps you running, i don't believe so.
since its such a light version of AIM i don't think it stays open
but for some reason i can not get ANY of my four AIM clients to open right now.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I rearranged things on the main page to the apps that I use most often up top and the others I don't use often or ever toward the bottom. I then put all web links I use freqently on the second page: so far, Fox News, Drudge Report, Weather Underground, live sports scores, Fandango, Thesaurus, Dictionary, Facebook, Jokes of the Day, MineSweeper and Bejeweled.

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I rearranged things on the main page to the apps that I use most often up top and the others I don't use often or ever toward the bottom. I then put all web links I use freqently on the second page: so far, Fox News, Drudge Report, Weather Underground, live sports scores, Fandango, Thesaurus, Dictionary, Facebook, Jokes of the Day, MineSweeper and Bejeweled.
good idea! i forgot about dictionary!

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I added Google, CalcNexus, Jive Talk as well as bookmarklets for a tip calculator, scientific calculator, unit converter and package tracker. I also did a lot of rearranging including putting Camera and Settings on the dock in place of Mail and Photos.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
the only thing i've done is move iTunes to the 2nd page because i never use it. ever.
Man, that's a great point...I also never use the Stocks thing...so I got rid of both and got to fit more web clips on page one. Cool stuff.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Man, that's a great point...I also never use the Stocks thing...so I got rid of both and got to fit more web clips on page one. Cool stuff.
i'm about to get ride of stocks aswell and replace it with a EIC link or Facebook. probably EIC because i check facebook enough as it is. another reason i did this was that i hated that there was 1 icon on the last row all by itself.

symmetry ftw.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have pretty much all my bookmarks in some fashion on various home screens.

I've griped about the appearance of the icons in other threads. Y'all know what's wrong with it... I'll get over it...

But I also wish that they didn't auto-arrange to the left and top. It would be nice to make home screens with icons around the edge to better display your wallpaper (I'm thinking about that Jessica Alba thread...)

Oh right. It would be nice to have wallpaper behind those icons, too :p

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I moved a few icons to a second screen, then I added a few forums I visit, the REAL Yahoo homepage (I really missed that) and the Pinpoint web app. It's more handy now, and the home screen looks cool all filled up.