Yup. Green power works.

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Thousand Oaks, Californication
Yup. Green power works. (pocket solar charger)

Well got it today, charged it, plugged it in and it works with our 3g's! :cool:
You can charge the built-in battery with the solar panels, the included a/c adapter or the included usb adapter. Comes with iPhone attachment, mini usb attachment and a couple others that I won't need. All you have to do is charge it up, plug it into the iPhone or ipod, and it'll charge up our battery.

Pics for size related to SD card:

ipodjuice.com. Don't remember the actual address to take you right to it. :oops: But it says on the ship doc "xs_Solar-Powered iPod Charger". Just under $50 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Hmm...very cool to hear. I personally probably wouldn't get any use out of it, but I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy :D

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
the instructions say 10-12 hours solar and 2-3 hours from the wall. Going to wait for a point where I can drain down my iPhone and see how fast it charges it. I was afraid it wouldn't work on 3g but I plugged it in and got the charging symbol on my phone.

edit: I believe you can charge straight to the phone or the preferred way of charging it's lithium battery and then transferring that to the iPhone.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
How much did that cost you/where did you end up purchasing it from? Just curious, that's all.

That could be VERY handy on extended camping expeditions where I want to use my 3G for music. A novel idea, and something I am willing to possibly entertain. If you like to camp and hike, it might be a good idea......

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
There are some cheaper looking ones on ebay for about $10.

This device could save your life.

Remember the Google guy that died in Oregon going for help for his family? The rangers almost found him until his cell phone stopped pinging.

/could a mod edit those pic sizes?

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
what a waste of money who has 10 hours to charge their phone
If you are out in the middle of nowhere (i.e. camping, hiking, without electricity), and need to have your phone on you, it could be a life saver....so it makes sense to me.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
How much did that cost you/where did you end up purchasing it from? Just curious, that's all.

That could be VERY handy on extended camping expeditions where I want to use my 3G for music. A novel idea, and something I am willing to possibly entertain. If you like to camp and hike, it might be a good idea......
Not only that, but your helping the environment. Something that I respect when people do.

CharQuake

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
If you are out in the middle of nowhere (i.e. camping, hiking, without electricity), and need to have your phone on you, it could be a life saver....so it makes sense to me.
if im going on an outdoor middle of no where camping adventure im not taking the iPhone ill let the dummies with chocolates and razors let their phones deal with the bears and dirt and whatever else is out there

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
what a waste of money who has 10 hours to charge their phone
Ok. I claim that as my bad. The CHARGER takes 10 hours to charge it's battery. I don't think it takes more than a couple hours for the CHARGER to charge to PHONE.

If you're just camping out and listing to tunes while hiking, you're charger is laying out soaking up some rays and charging IT'S battery. Then it dumps it's battery power into your phones battery.

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007

Under $50 shipped from ipodjuice.com. Look under my last pic up there and you'll see I typed out the model too. :)

if im going on an outdoor middle of no where camping adventure im not taking the iPhone ill let the dummies with chocolates and razors let their phones deal with the bears and dirt and whatever else is out there
Don't like having a phone with built-in GPS when a bear's got you stuck up a tree huh? Man, you're hardcore. :)

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I live in Hawaii and we got a LOT of sun here. It'd be cool but I'm not sure where I would put it to soak up the sun. I live on the second floor of an apartment that's 3-stories high. No real ledges to put my iPhone on.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
....Then thats your choice. I'll take my GPS functionality, along with my MP3 player, camera, etc....And, b/c I am careful, I won't have any issues of "dirt" or "bears" eating my camera.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
That is what I would use it for. Great when power is not present.

CharQuake

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
....Then thats your choice. I'll take my GPS functionality, along with my MP3 player, camera, etc....And, b/c I am careful, I won't have any issues of "dirt" or "bears" eating my camera.
you think you're safe! no one is safe from the threat of bears eating iPhones! its a pretty serious problem